Thursday, January 12, 2006

wine Practically Perfect Cups

If a cup is too small you have to refill too often. If it's too big... well it can just be too big. The base can also be too small, the sides too straight or too angled... in short, we take for granted the many factors - indeed, the art - of making the excellent cup.

These are probably the three best ever designed by man - close, very close indeed to perfection. It gives me an inordinate amount of pleasure to drink from these cups (especially the purple one.)








6 comments:

joe4444 said...

dude, blawging about cups, thats so amazing!!!

fa-so-la-la said...

Funny you should post this..I was actually thinking about doing something very much like it. And to make things doubly funny, that blue cup is my favorite and I always use it when I'm at y'alls house. Ha.

Jen said...

This has nothing to do with your post -- sorry. I just wanted to draw attention to the fact that we are reading the EXACT SAME books right now.
"Wow, it's like we have ESPN or something."
I never get tired of reading The Once and Future King. Sometimes I finish it and immediately start reading it again.

Becca said...

i know exactly what you mean. jen broke a glass at my parents house the other day. it was one of my favorites, and i think the last of it's kind. i guess she was just getting me back for that toilet incident.

DrSmyth said...

A cup is a cup. And a dan is a dan. and only a dan would put this much loving care into blogging about a cup. what a great bro!

they are cool cups

Jen said...

I'm still struggling with the guilt over that glass.