Wednesday, March 22, 2006

hey look... i wrote a poem.

This is most definitely not my forte.
It's probably not a very good poem as poems go... but I like it anyway.

(hey, at least my slideshow is cool...)



Peppermint Hot Chocolate
(only not.)


"Peppermint hot chocolate," she says
"Is heavenly."

(He takes a sip.......)

No, focus. Remember.
Peppermint Hot Chocolate.

(He takes another. And begins to drift.......)

In ecstasy of angelic bliss she repeats:
"I adore peppermint hot chocolate!"

Straining against that sip,
he tries to reach mind beyond tongue

and uncover taste,
that he may sympathize.
But finds it quite impossible.
(Memory is but dimly armed
for battle with this golden sensual nonce.)


Quick to concede,
he swallows
(delicious defeat)
and smiles to hear her say

"I must have another mug."



But to himself he thinks...

("sweet tea for me.")

9 comments:

gabbie said...

This isn't your forte? I loved it! Now I'm wondering what Peppermint Hot Chocolate tastes like...

Lynn Bruce said...

Starbucks will do, but for true angelic bliss, it should be of the Williams Sonoma variety, preferably purchased after Christmas when it is marked way down. Just so you'll know. It is... heavenly.

Oh, and I looked up nonce. "For the time being, for the present occasion." Nice word.

fa-so-la-la said...

Oh ho ho! Here we are, what? or rather, here it is. It's a good sort of hum.

van Danne said...

yeah, mine said "the present or particular occasion."

Anonymous said...

I feel that there is more to be said but since i haven't the words, i like it.

LaceyP said...

lovin it, lovin it...I'm with Table...I can't think of the proper words..."great" just doesn't seem to suffice...

LaceyP said...

wow...I read it again and I think that's one of the sweetest things I've read in a while...

Gracie said...

that's good...so is Peppermint Hot Chocolate...

Owl of the Desert said...

Very good! (And, I think I would come to the same conclusion - "sweet tea for me".)